We’re don’t even know where to begin with this breakfast recipe.
As if French toast wasn’t delicious enough, Niall Kirkland has taken things to a whole new level by turning it into a giant croissant bake.
This is the kind of extra that your weekend brunch deserves — plus, it’s boosted with a few scoops of our Impact Whey Protein to help you hit those all-important protein intake goals.
- 6 eggs
- 3 scoops Impact Whey Protein (Vanilla)
- 300ml milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 8 croissants
- Strawberries (sliced)
- Sugar-Free Syrup (Maple Syrup)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/ 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla protein and milk. Then, add cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and baking powder and stir until fully combined.
- Slice your croissants in half, dip each piece in the protein mixture, then stack in a large baking dish in a criss-cross way so the pieces overlap.
- Pour the remaining liquid mixture over the croissants in the tray, top with chopped strawberries and blueberries, then cover and leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for 30 minutes, until the edges are golden and crispy but the croissants are still soft inside.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with plenty of our Sugar-Free Syrup.